TWEED VALLEY TRIATHLETES INC
Families $80.00 (Please note: slight variations can occur on TA website according to family size)
Juniors (under 19 at 31st December) $30.00
Sub Juniors (under 12 at 31st December) $15.00
Non – Competing members $5.00
Casual Members $7.00.
NOTE: To join both this club and Triathlon NSW go to Tri NSW, (www.trinsw.org.au) and click on the links. All club members must be financial members of Triathlon NSW.
Tiny Trimites- under eight years old
Tri Mites eight to ten years category and eleven and twelve years old category
Intermediates ten and over (under 12 years old must be supervised on the bike leg)
Seniors over 12
Note: The age of competitors is their age as on December 31
TRANSPONDER TIMING CHIPS
There is a one off payment of $10.00 for the purchase of a timing chip needed to record individual times for events. Continuing members are reminded to use their allocated chip from previous years. (Trimites and Tiny Trimites do not have to purchase chips)
Club membership fees do not cover entry to the pool complex. The cost is $3.70 per entry. Competitors and spectators need to purchase their own entry passes. Various priced multiple entries are also available.
For information regarding pool entry phone 6670 2750 or pick up a TRAC brochure.
All races, except for the long distance races, are handicapped based on the best time from qualifying races and /or the previous years’ times. Where a competitor has a handicap from the previous year the new handicap is to be no less than two thirds of that handicap. Under special circumstances this can be reviewed on the recommendation of the Events Coordinator.
Senior handicaps for both males and females are taken from a base time of 64 minutes, while intermediate handicaps for open event the base time is 38 minutes, and for the female event the base time is 40 minutes. Trimite handicaps are taken from a base time of 22 minutes for the 11-12 years age group and 24 minutes for the 8-10 age group while the Tiny Trimites have a base time of 18 minutes.
Senior short course Senior long course
500m swim, 14km cycle, 4km run 750m swim, 21km cycle, 5km run
Intermediate short course Intermediate long course
250m swim, 7km cycle, 2km run 500m swim, 14km cycle, 4km run
Tri-mite short course Tri-mite long course
150m swim, 3km cycle, 1km run 200m swim, 4km cycle, 1.5km run
Up to 150m swim, 3 times around civic centre car park, 1km run
1st place 10 points 2nd place 9 points
3rd place 8 points 4th place 4 points
All other finishers 2 points.
The first three place getters are re-handicapped if they better their time.
In long distance race days all finishers receive 5 points while those that choose to complete the short course receive 2 points.
For the Senior and Intermediate competitors registration commences at 5:30 and concludes at 5:50. Races begin at 6:00. On days in which long distance races are held registration and some starting times are brought forward by 15 minutes. In March the executive may vary these times due to the lateness of daylight.
Tri-mite registration commences at 7:15 with races beginning at 7:30.
Competitors require swim wear, a bicycle (in good order), an Australian standard approved helmet and running shoes. All bikes must have a pre-season safety check. A functioning red rear light and a functioning white front light are compulsory. Competitors are responsible for their own transponder chips.
RACE NUMBERS AND TIMING CHIPS
Each competitor is issued with a race number and a transponder chip number. Race numbers are recorded in black pen on the right and left arm and on the right calf. No one is to race without a race number. Transponder chips must be worn in order to gain points in the point score competition.
Members can compete as members of a team if they so wish. A team can have two or three members.
8 WEEK COME AND TRI PROGRAM
People taking advantage of the 8 Week Come and Tri program may participate in our events but are not eligible for points or prizes until they have joined the club and Tri NSW as full members.
Visitors are welcome to participate as casual members. However no casual member is allowed to participate in more than three events unless they become full members and pay the appropriate fee. Casual members must pay the $7.00 fee each time they participate.
In the event of unfavourable weather conditions the executive will determine whether or not events will be cancelled on the morning they are due to be held. Where possible SMS messages are sent out to inform members of the decision.
- All competitors must be members of Tri NSW/Australia.
- Competitors are responsible for knowing their own handicaps and begin the race on the correct wave times.
- Competitors must start each event with a push off from the wall rather than a dive.
- During the swim leg competitors must keep to the left of the lane and swim in a clockwise direction.
- Swimming must be continuous, unless stopping at either end of the pool, with no wading allowed.
- Triathlon Australia rules apply. There is to be no drafting on the cycle leg. A distance of 10m must be kept unless overtaking. Riders are to ride in single file. (This is not a closed course).
- Overtaking must only occur on the right during the cycle leg.
- Competitors must not have bare torsos during the bike leg and the run leg.
- An approved helmet must be worn on the bike leg. Helmets must be on the head and securely fastened before the bike is removed from the rack and not unfastened until the bike is replaced on the rack.
- Competitors must mount and dismount their bicycles in the designated area of the transition.
- Bikes must be returned to where they were originally placed before the race.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by a parent or other suitable adult during cycle legs when riding on the road. Children from 10 to under 12 must be supervised by a suitable adult during the cycle leg if they wish to participate in the Intermediate distance.
- All those supervising children on the road must be members of Tri NSW/ Australia at least as non competitor members. (See the Tri NSW website for details on how to join)
- All Trimite and Tiny Trimite competitors must wear a fluorescent vest on the bike and run legs.
- Competitors should only cross Tumbulgum Rd during the run leg at specified markers placed on the course.
- Always be mindful of the traffic.
- All road rules must be obeyed. All cyclists must come to a complete stop at STOP SIGNS. Note: This is a basic traffic rule and has been stipulated by the Police in giving permission for TVT to operate.